Portable measuring devices
IRPI CNR has different portable measuring devices, mainly used for mapping geomorphological and geological features, and for field measuring activities.
Instruments for mapping activities include:
- 1 GPS/GLONASS Dual-Frequency receiver with real-time RTK correction capability (Leica Smart Antenna ATX1230 GG);
- 2 GPS/GLONASS Single-Frequency receivers with real-time RTK correction capability (Leica Leica Zeno GS15) with 1 passive GPS receiver (Leica AS05);
- 2 GPS code receivers (Garmin GPSMAP 60 CS);
- 1 binocular laser range finder (Vectronix VECTOR IV) capable of measuring distance, azimuth and elevation to targets up to 7km;
- 1 field tablet PC (Xplore Technologies iX104C4 Rugged Tablet PC).
Instruments for field measures include:
- 1 laser distancemeter (Leica Disto D8);
- 3 portable TDR (Time Domain Reflectometry) instruments (Soilmoisture Equipment Corp - Mini-Trace) for soil moisture measurements.