How to view the map
When using the map please cite:
Non-Susceptible Landslide Areas in Italy and in the Mediterranean Region
Ivan Marchesini, Francesca Ardizzone, Massimiliano Alvioli, Mauro Rossi and Fausto Guzzetti
Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., 14, 2215-2231, 2014
The final map is available through our WMS service: http://geoserver.irpi.cnr.it/geoserver/wms
The layer is in the "mediterraneanSea" path and it is called "LandslideNonSusceptibilityMediteraaneanSea" (Title) and "nonsusceptibilityMed" (Name).
Rapid instructions, adopting QGIS (freely available here: http://www.qgis.org), for WMS beginners:
- Select "Add WMS/WMTS Layer" from the Layer menu;
- Click the "New" button, insert a name for the new server (e.g. "IRPI"), copy the URL of the IRPI WMS Server address (http://geoserver.irpi.cnr.it/geoserver/wms) into the URL form and click OK;
- Then click "Connect" and wait some seconds.
- Now you will see all the available (groups of) layers.
- Search for "mediterraneanSea" and open the sub-list clicking on the arrow to the right.
- Select the layer called "LandslideNonSusceptibilityMediteraaneanSea" (Title) and "nonsusceptibilityMed" (Name).
- Click on "Add".
- Wait some seconds to see the image of the layer in your QGIS.